Author Topic: Bass Error Code 3: BASS_ERROR_DRIVER  (Read 5743 times)

sfarley

Bass Error Code 3: BASS_ERROR_DRIVER
« on: 4 Apr '08 - 23:05 »
I'm trying to get our .Net Windows application to work on our new 64 bit hardware. We are running 64 Bit Windows Server 2003 and I have upgraded the entire application to Visual Studio 2005. Part of our application includes an audio plugin that uses the BASS library. Though it works great on my 32 bit development machine, it isn't working on the 64 bit hardware. I was given one of the new 64 bit servers to destroy as needed to get things working and have all of my development tools installed, but even the BASS samples do not work. I am using version 2.3. Just in case it makes a difference, users connect via Citrix Presentation Server and Oracle 10.2 Client for 32 bit. I have compiled my application as a 32 bit (x86) application. The BASS samples are installed in C:\Program Files(x86). I mention that because Oracle has a HUGE problem working with anything installed in that folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the last item to be resolved so that we can deploy after this 6 month upgrade.

Thank you,
Susan

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Bass Error Code 3: BASS_ERROR_DRIVER
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr '08 - 17:10 »
BASS_ERROR_DRIVER means that BASS was unable to initialize DirectSound. If you run the DXDIAG utility (that comes with DirectX), what does it say about the soundcard, and does it successfully complete the DirectSound test?

sfarley

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr '08 - 14:21 »
OK. There are no sound cards on the servers so I tried to play the audio file through my application from Citrix. This is how our legacy system works and we do not have any problems. I'm getting ready to publish the sample plugin application on Citrix to see if it opens the audio file successively, but I'm not very optimistic. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Susan

sfarley

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr '08 - 14:58 »
I get the BASS Init error with the sample plugin connecting via Citrix. I know that the error is a result of the server not having a sound card, but the sound card on the user's machine is supposed to be recognized and used. Like I said, we do not have this problem on the lagacy 32 bit hardware and there is no sound card on those servers. Could it be because we have the full licensed version on legacy and I am using the individual (for the moment to get the latest version) on the new hardware?

Thank you,
Susan

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr '08 - 17:04 »
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Citrix, so I can't really advise on that. Are you able to run the DXDIAG utility under it? If so, you could still try that, to see if DirectSound is working OK.