Author Topic: Music association/mind map/library thingy  (Read 4208 times)

raina

Music association/mind map/library thingy
« on: 9 May '08 - 09:30 »
Is there an app or something to establish associations in a music collection, all the way down to track level? Tracks by the same artist, appearances on albums, remixes and that sort of thing would be natural, but additionally I would like to be able to have personal associations like "this track reminds me of this track" and build playlists for XMPlay by creating a path from all(/some) of the associations.

All the time when I think more about what I would like this solution to be like, the less it seems probable to already exist so I'm already thinking about making it myself. (Probably basing it on the XMPlay library and using the Comment field for storing an ID that would make a primary key in a database or something ugly like that.)

Just thought I'd ask before unnecessary work.. any ideas?

saga

Re: Music association/mind map/library thingy
« Reply #1 on: 9 May '08 - 09:49 »
don't know anything like this, sorry. but i would be interested in it! :)

Auren

« Reply #2 on: 10 May '08 - 12:04 »
Such a program already exists. It is called Music IP Mixer. You can try it here http://www.musicip.com/mixer/index.jsp for free.

saga

« Reply #3 on: 10 May '08 - 12:23 »
replacing proprietary software by free software is always good, though ;D Especially when it comes without installation, but with sourcecode and mod support :)
« Last Edit: 10 May '08 - 12:35 by saga »