Author Topic: "new" FLACs seeking  (Read 2698 times)

piovrauz

"new" FLACs seeking
« on: 7 Jan '09 - 10:42 »
I know I posted about this some time ago on OGG files, but now, I got the updated flac encoder (1.2.1b) and seekink is not precise anymore. I rip a cd with cdex 1.7.??, and the wav file is ok (seek is correct and precise). if I convert to ogg or mp3 it's ok too, but if I convert to flac (with the flac frontend) the seeking is wrong (it plays say 1s of the previous track). Is it possible to fix this? Thanks.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: "new" FLACs seeking
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan '09 - 14:54 »
Please upload an example file and give an example of a position that isn't seeked to correctly, and I'll look into it...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Also mention the skin that you're using as that will affect the position slider precision, ie. a longer slider will break the track down into smaller units.

piovrauz

Re: "new" FLACs seeking
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan '09 - 16:54 »
Well, small word correction, for seeking I meant when you skip to next track with right click on button (one flac file cd rip+cue). I can't upload a FLAC (he, net here is T_T). but it appened with all the (3) cd I "checked" it, so I suppose you can try doing a "affected flac+cue" by yourself (sorry :P). I used cdex 1.7.something, wich is able to create the .cue too.