Author Topic: can't play music  (Read 2297 times)

alesha09

can't play music
« on: 13 Mar '09 - 19:02 »
I downloaded xmplay but when I open it and try to play music all i get is a ding and the player doesn't work. HElP!

Dotpitch

Re: can't play music
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar '09 - 19:08 »
I downloaded xmplay but when I open it and try to play music all i get is a ding and the player doesn't work. HElP!
What Windows are you on? Do you get any error messages? What soundcard do you have? Could you try a clean XMPlay (xmplay.exe in a folder with no other files or subfolders)?

alesha09

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar '09 - 19:17 »
I am on windows xp and xm play was working fine earlier yesterday until my grandfather decided to listen to a radio station streaming online and apparently when he opened the link it used windows media player. I downloaded xm play again, and it unzips right away but when i open an mp3 in it, it doesn't play or if it does, plays like 10x faster. I have no idea what type of soundcard I have. I have never had this problem before. I have all the appropriate files associated with xmplay instead of windows media player which i hate. I also removed windows media player from my computer, could that have affected it?

alesha09

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar '09 - 19:25 »
I also should mention that when I play the files with xm play afterward it converts the audio format to a wav file and makes a copy

heftig

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar '09 - 22:37 »
Open the XMPlay settings and change the output device back to your sound card.